Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Mom and Dad Vacation

Last week, Brian and I had the opportunity to go to Las Vegas and meet our friends from college for a little R&R. We had such a great time. My mom and grandma came and watched our kids for us, and kept watch over the homefront. While we were in Vegas, we stayed with my sister and used her car for the constant driving that seems to be part of the life in Vegas. We had great fun going to the Tournament of Kings in the Excalibur - sadly, our king did not win, but it was not for lack of cheering from our section. We did lots of shopping, or should I say looking? Brian and I had a caricature drawn of us - we decided that we make pretty cute cartoons. We enjoyed all the food experiences that you can get in a large city - Connie introduced us to sushi. I actually liked what I had, to my great surprise. We always have to eat at In-N-Out burger, and we also got to frequent a little bakery called the Cupcakery. The cupcakes were great, and it was fun to see all the different kinds that were available. Of course as things go, we missed the one year anniversary by one day, so the day after we left was free cupcake day. To top off our stay, we were able to do an early morning session at the temple before we left. It was nice to feel the peace at the temple, and get renewed to go home.

Thanks to everyone who made the trip so fun. Thanks a ton to my mom and grandma who had the lions share of the work to do for the trip - my kids love them and love to spend time with them. Thanks to Karen and Cordell for inviting us - do it again next year? Thanks to Connie for giving us a place to stay, a car to drive, and fun hours of Wii. Thanks too to Brian for being a great sport and taking time off to have fun.

5 comments:

Connie said...

soooo magic! thanks for coming, I had so much fun with you guys. love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isaac and Tallie said...

I am so jealous! I would love to get away to a slightly warmer place. It sounds like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Chelsey and I are heading down there in May for a little get away as well! We can't wait!

The Emmett's said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun. I am glad you had a chance to go to the temple. It always seems to calm things down.

Unknown said...

I'm officially jealous! That sounds like a great vacay. We are hoping to get away for a few days in Michigan - but it seems like June is forever away from here. BTW, you guys do look hot as cartoons!