Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Today was Father's Day. It gave us reason to remember why we love the great man that is our Dad. This year each of the kids wrote their dad a note to tell him what they loved about him. Chad was thankful for all his Dad's support with scouts. They are currently making a canoe together to use at a 50 mile canoe trip this summer. Abby loves to do woodworking with her dad. She also loves to go out on the boat with him. Kaleb wants to be able to help his dad more with the animals and loves to boat with his dad too. The little girls said he was the best dad ever. Gotta love all the love! We made him some little "burgers" out of cupcakes and brownies. They were cute and yummy. We liked them best without all the frosting.
I love Brian for being such a good dad to my kids. He really does love them and wants the best for them. He is a good example in the gospel, and I appreciate him for upholding his priesthood in our home. Brian is also a good husband to me, and is always mindful of my needs.
I also want to remember my dad, who was a good friend and example to me. I always knew he loved me and wanted what was best for me. I send all my love heavenward to him, as he left me years ago to be my guardian from heaven. I love you Dad!

1 comment:

Tiffany And Eric said...

Hey Sister Weinand! I love your blog! It is so cute. It has been a while since I have seen you and your family. I hope all is well with you and your family!